Salary: Up to £9.50 per hour (depending on experience)
Contact Hours: Full-Time
Live In/Out: Live Out
Are you looking to work with fresh food in a fast paced environment, within a company who trains and develops their kitchen teams? Great! We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Chef to work within our busy kitchen.
The Practitioner is known for offering uncompromised service, standards and style. Open from breakfast ‘til late we pride ourselves on delivering great cocktails, world beers and interesting wines alongside freshly prepared contemporary food and daily changing specials. As a chef you will help us deliver this guest experience by working alongside a great kitchen team.
Why join the Practitioner as a Chef?
The Practitioner is part of the McMullen family and therefore have the backing of an independent, long standing Company who make decisions based on the long term. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- Achievable bonus scheme
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% on drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per Company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of Company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
The right person will have a positive hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential however further training and development will be given in house and also in our Development Kitchen in Hertford. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.